Artist Rendezvous

OK

Maybe you have questions or want to express your ideas with others? Need help exploring a technique?  

The Artist Rendezvous Forum is the place for you. 

It's the place to create and join in on discussions about art, your inspirations and the website! 

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Discussions [ Previous | Next ]
Amazing Overlooked Animation!
12/10/11 11:03 AM

I wanted to share a 2 minute scene from an animated project that I overlooked in the 90's and was delighted to discover.

"For those of you who don't know, The Thief and the Cobbler was a movie 26 years in the making, from 1964 to about 1992. Richard Williams, who's probably most known for his animation directing in Who Framed Roger rabbit, started this rather ambitious and original project to be his opus, to shock the animated movie industry in 1991.

Williams lost control over the film when it was mere minutes away from completion, resulting in an change in tone, and in some cases, animation. The movie was released in 1997 and was a complete flop due to the fact that Miramax had transformed it into being a Disney-style musical. 

In 2006, a proper version of the movie, The Thief and the Cobbler: The Recobbled Cut was released. If you love animation, then I highly recommend it. It is almost how Williams wanted the movie to be viewed."

This scene absolutely blew me away, I even use similar optical patterns in my own work and had never seen this until just last night. Take a look HERE

Report Abuse Report Abuse