Artist Rendezvous

OK

Maybe you have questions or want to express your ideas with others? Need help exploring a technique?  

The Artist Rendezvous Forum is the place for you. 

It's the place to create and join in on discussions about art, your inspirations and the website! 

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Discussions [ Previous | Next ]
Canson Mi Tientes Touch Susan Klabak 1/18/12 4:38 AM
RE: Canson Mi Tientes Touch anitastoll 1/19/12 1:34 AM
RE: Canson Mi Tientes Touch Susan Klabak 1/27/12 9:27 PM
RE: Canson Mi Tientes Touch D F Gray 2/29/12 12:49 AM
RE: Canson Mi Tientes Touch Susan Klabak 2/29/12 1:31 AM
RE: Canson Mi Tientes Touch D F Gray 2/29/12 1:54 AM
Canson Mi Tientes Touch
1/18/12 4:38 AM

I'd like to hear from any one who has tried the new Canson Mi Tientes Touch. Can you compare it to any other pastel surfaces that  you've used?

Report Abuse Report Abuse
RE: Canson Mi Tientes Touch
1/19/12 1:34 AM In response to Susan Klabak

Susan, I have used Mi-Tientes Touch paper with good success. I like that it is not as gritty as the others. It blends nicely. Easy to work on. It's a keeper for me. By the way, your work is lovely, beautiful color. It must be beautiful where you live. No lack of inspiration there.

1/27/12 9:27 PM In response to anitastoll

Thank you Anita for your response. I will have to try it. Your work is lovely and so I certainly value your opinion. I typically work on either Colourfix or Uart paper. I like the tooth, and the way colors can be 'skimmed' over one another, as well as multiple layers applied. I don't spray my work so I like that these paper 'grab' the pastel and there is less dust to fall onto the mat.

Happy Painting,

susan

2/29/12 12:49 AM In response to Susan Klabak

Hi Susan,  I find it similiar to colourfix sheets, it takes a few layers of pastel before it fills, I havn't tried fixative or under painting yet, maybe save some experiments for the sample book,  I posted the piece in my gallery 

regards

Dan

2/29/12 1:31 AM In response to D F Gray

Don, Thank you for your response....I will have to try this paper, it sounds similar to the surfaces I know and like, which are Art Spectrum colourifx and Uart. You work is very nice, which piece was done on the MiTientes Touch?

2/29/12 1:54 AM In response to Susan Klabak

the pastel is named Feb23 Eaglecrest,  the Touch is a good size also 20 x 28" or so

regards

Dan